Monday, April 27, 2015

I Don’t Know How She Does It (2011)



Number Rolled: 84
Movie Name/Year: I Don’t Know How She Does It (2011)
Genre: Comedy
Length: 89 minutes
Rating: PG-13
Production Companies: The Weinstein Company
Executive Producer: Aline Brosh McKenna, Scott Ferguson, Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein
Director: Douglas McGrath
Writer: Aline Brush McKenna, Allison Pearson
Actors: Sarah Jessica Parker, Pierce Brosnan, Greg Kinnear, Christina Hendricks, Kelsey Grammer, Seth Meyers, Olivia Munn, Jane Curtin, Mark Blum, Busy Philipps, Sarah Shahi, Jessica Szohr, Emma Rayne Lyle, Julius Goldberg, Theodore Goldberg, James Murtaugh

Kate is a working mother of two children. She must find a balance between her professional and personal lives before everything falls apart.

This movie was one long exhibit on working moms vs. stay-at-home moms. It paints women who don’t want to have kids as naïve in what they’re looking for and stay-at-home moms as lazy, trophy wives.

I could separate myself from the opinionated stance of this movie easily enough. There are some very good films out there with messages I disagree with. In fact, if this movie had any merit at all outside of a couple of clever lines, I could even pretend the message didn’t exist.

The only reason I Don’t Know How She Does It scored as high as it did, is because of those few clever parts. I have also considered the possibility that there might have been hidden jokes and references that I didn’t get because I’m not a mom.

My official recommendation is: if you are a stay-at-home mom or do not plan to have children – possibly even if you just don’t have kids yet – this movie will come off preachy enough that you don’t need it in your life.

Rotten Tomatoes Critic Score – 17%
Rotten Tomatoes Audience Score – 32%

Netflix’s Prediction for Me – 2.4/5
Trust-the-Dice Score1.5/5

Movie Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment